|Ansvarligt institut||Fødevareøkonomisk Institut|
|English Title||Technology Assessment|
|Tidligst mulig placering||Kandidat 1.år til Kandidat 2. år|
Alle hjælpemidler tilladt
Beskrivelse af eksamen: The examination will be an individual presentation by the students with questions from examiners on topics related to the project and course material.
Vægtning: The oral examination and presentation counts for 100 %
7-trinsskala, ekstern censur
|Forudsætninger for indstilling til eksamen||A condition for attending the examination is that students submit a project report|
|Rammer for Undervisning||The portfolio combines exercises and case-studies, external teachers and excursions to relevant companies and institutions.|
|Anbefalede forudsætninger||LOJF10262 |
|The course will be initiated by an introduction to technology assessment and recent developments within this area. This is followed by an introduction to relevant technology assessment disciplines, including: system description, economic and financial feasibility studies, risk assessment, systems analysis, market analysis, impact assessment and technology assessment.|
Moreover the student will be introduced to methods that interact users and other stakeholders for assessing the implementation and consequences of new technologies, including scenario analysis and other interactive foras.
|The first week will include an introduction to technology assessment methods and combine theoretical lectures with exercises and guest lectures. This period will also include an introduction to the case-study work. In the next period the students will be assigned to their cases and the students will attend excursions to relevant companies and institutions. The students will have to collaborate in groups with 2-4 students. Each group will have to work on a project case during the course which must be submitted before attending oral examination.|
|The objective of this course is to introduce students to different technology assessment disciplines aimed for selecting and applying new technologies and innovations within the biotechnology-, food and other agro industrial sectors.|
The course is relevant for students who aim for a carrier in private organisations and advisory services that focuses on innovation and product development and public research and governmental institutions that works with regulation and policy design and decision support within different life-science disciplines.
After the course it is expected that the student will be able to:
- Describe methods to assess the economic, technical and environmental/social consequences from implementing new technologies - including system description, economic and financial feasibility studies, risk assessment, systems analysis, market analysis, impact assessment and technology assessment.
- Describe methods that interact users and other stakeholders for assessing the implementation and consequences of new technologies, including scenario analysis and other interactive foras.
- Apply theoretical tools for assessing the technical/economic consequences of new technologies.
- Perform technology and innovation management
- Apply decision support when implementing new innovation systems
- Collaborate in groups with interdisciplinary case studies and with other students across disciplines
- Perform interdisciplinary studies for decision support in private and public organisations
|Course litterature with compendium will be made available at the beginning of the course|
|Søren Marcus Pedersen, email@example.com, Fødevareøkonomisk Institut/Faggruppe for Produktion og Teknologi, Tlf: 353-36882|